Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Beads - A new project that needs some inspiration

I was at Joanne Fabric store with my wife the other day and I decided to wander through the bead isle.
 I found this pack of beads for a reasonable price (I think it was $3 and we had a 20% off coupon).  I thought, "I can come up with some ideas for these."
Here is the first thing I cam up with.  This will be ancient monolith suitable for both 6mm and 15mm gaming.  It still needs some work.  I need to find some way to cap it off.  I'm thinking about a round bead or I could put a circle cut from plasticard.  Any ideas?

I will flock the base and paint it.

 I think I will make a couple more of these and maybe make place them all onto a larger terrain piece.

The top bead might also work as a drop pod for 6mm marines.  Any other ideas on what I can do with these beads?

3 comments:

  1. yeah, good start, are they all the beads in the pics? if you had more straight piece you could do columns, they are interesting beads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all I bought. Good idea on the columns. I can always get more beads.

    Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use them for vases, jugs, even topping for smoke stacks. All in 28mm of course. They look good scattered around a market place or village square etc..

    ReplyDelete