Monday, July 7, 2014

Xenomorphs - 15mm Sci-fi

The Alien movies are near the top of my list of favorites.  Some are better than others, but I think we can all agree that at least the first 2 are great sci-fi flicks.

So when I found some models at a convention depicting those nasty mean monsters, I had to pick some up.  These are produced by QRF Models under the name Alien bi-peds.  I have a few larger ones for that extra punch, but most are the standard size.

These guys have no shooting, but if they can get into close combat it as pretty much all over.

The Brood


I plan to expand this force with a few GW Tyranid Ripper models and possibly some Epic 40K Tyranid models as well.

Painting was easy.  I based the models on small washers and primed the models white (a few have a bone colored undercoat).  Then I washed the models with GW Leviathan Purple.  The bases were painted black and dry brushed grey...and done.  They look pretty good and I just love easy paint jobs.

What do you think?  What would be some good models to expand the brood and provide a bit more diversity?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sean, very cool, have you seen Khurasans Xenos? here are some I painted a few years ago, they are brilliant figures, with separate heads to give them more variety, they come in small medium and large sizes, with several head types, and there are even armed xenos.
    http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/in-space-nobody-can-hear-you-scream.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff, Dan. I will have to check them out when his site comes back on line. You've got some impressive stuff on your blog.

    ReplyDelete