Monday, August 18, 2014

Play Nine

Me and my wife went down to my local games store (Gauntlet Games) this weekend and played a round of golf with Play Nine.

For those of you that don't know, this is a card game for between 2-6 players, ages 8 and up.  You get a hand of 8 cards placed face down in front of you.  You try to match pairs before all the cards are flipped face up.

Getting ready for the first hole.

This is a very simple game, but it tons of fun.  We were hoping to have 5 players, but one of our group had to leave so we ended up playing with 4 players.  I played fairly aggressively, going out even when I had 10-12 points because I was leaving my opponents with 15-20 points still showing.  I didn't always win the hole, but I did force some bad holes on others throughout the game.

I ended up winning by a good margin.  Of course, my score was nothing to write home to Mom about.

This game is on my list of must haves.  It if a quick play and works for lots of age ranges.  I've played this game 100 plus times and still enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. very interesting card game, looking at the website and thinking buying 4 boxes for to give as Xmas gifts, thanks for the info..

    cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a great game. And it works well for people that aren't "gamers".

    ReplyDelete