Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Star Wars: Imperial Assault - Storm Trooper

The next model on my quest to paint everything in the Imperial Assault board game is a group of Storm Troopers.  I painted up one, but am not sure I like how it looks.  I tried a different method that I've used before


I started by priming the model white.


Next I painted the gun black and the areas between the armor plate black.


Next I painted a grey line around everything.  All the creases and lines got a grey line.



Here is the result of all my work.  I painted the should pad blue and dry brushed it with a lighter blue.  The gun was also dry brushed with a light grey.  I added gravel to the base and painted it brown.  The base still needs a drybrush and a little bit of flock.

This design is staring to grow on me.  I wasn't sure at first, but I think I'm good with it now.

3 comments:

  1. That's really nice! (Don't forget the black 'monobrow'). I washed mine in thin black, then re-painted the white bits- it's a painful process. I like the pose too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, why gravel and flock when the game is interior fighting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It isn't really an interior fighting game. There are 4 terrain patterns currently and 2 are exterior; see the picture above for one example. One of the interior patterns is brown as well. So I think this fits better than an interior look.

    And gravel and flock is easier to do. :)

    ReplyDelete