Sunday, March 26, 2017

Cold War in 6mm - Painting US M113 Transports

Next up for my 6mm Cold War project is US transports for my infantry.  

These are models from Heroics and Ros and while not as detailed as GHQs models, these aren't bad for the price.

I've used the same paint job on these as I've used on my US M1A2 tanks.  It is a pretty simple paint job, but it looks nice in my opinion.



There was a fair amount of flash on the back of these models that needed to be cleaned up, but once that was done, I primed them white and added a base coat of Vallejo Model Color US Dark Green.  Once that was dry, I washed them with Games Workshop Agrax Earthshade and then dry brushed with them with the US Dark Green that I lightened up with some white.



I based these on 40mm x 20mm metal bases flocked to match the rest of my force.



I'm working on the infantry that will be riding around in these models.

No comments:

Post a Comment